This is a DIY shrug/jacket that iv'e been meaning to show you for sometime...It is white and has a shiny-silver sequin pattern!
How did I make it?
- I had an old white tee lying around for ages..
- I reduced its length and hemmed the bottom edges.
- I cut it through the middle to make it front open..
- Sewed on a silver edged lace on the middle 2 edges
- Collected Glittery Silver Sequins in 2 sizes
- Made an abstract symmetric pattern on the front
- Stuck em on with Fabric Glue!
You can make plenty of casual jackets in this manner-its so much fun! And you may play around with matching lace at the edges, or customize it with buttons or sequins like I did! Or leave it plain!
And your old favorite tees get recycled into something new and unique!
I had to iron the shrug on the reverse to make the fabric-glue fast, and the sequins kind of semi-melted with the heat, and got a bit twisty and curled up a bit! But the effect was much better and natural, i think:)Talk of beneficial accidents!
So when are you'll gonna make your own customized shrugs?:)